TERMS & CONDITIONS
Personal Safety - It is your responsibility to tell the teacher/therapist of any injuries, medical issues, medication or pregnancy that may impact on your ability to practice yoga or receive holistic treatment. Where you are unsure about this please discuss it with the teacher/therapist and keep them updated in order for them to teach you safely.
Class bookings - Weekly/Monthly Payments - Payments vary according to location, duration and class content. Please note that any fees paid are non-refundable but may be transferred to another weekly class if there is room and with my agreement.
Yoga Retreats – To secure your place the required deposit (see individual course & retreat details) must be received by us at least 1 month prior to the start of the course/retreat. Once your statutory cancellation period has elapsed then the deposit is non-refundable. If you give at least 7 days’ notice of non-attendance for the retreat the deposit you have paid can be transferred to the next retreat date. If less than 7 days’ notice is given you will lose the deposit and it cannot be transferred. In emergency or special circumstances, we may transfer a deposit at our discretion. Personal holiday insurance is a pre-requisite for all yoga retreats. This is to cover all parties from any unforeseen circumstances resulting in cancellation. Michele Lambert cannot be held responsible for participants’ personal circumstances that result in cancellation, including commiserating circumstances. Personal holiday insurance allows the individual to attempt to recover any losses through their travel insurance company. In the case of acts of nature or illness of the tutor, where circumstances are beyond the control of either Michele Lambert or the venue, Michele will offer a transfer to another retreat. If you are unable to make any of the new dates offered, you will be refunded any payments made after the non – refundable deposit was paid. There may also be cancellation charges to pay for the venue.
Deposit for courses - To secure your place the required deposit (see individual course & retreat details) must be received by us at least 1 month prior to the start of the course/retreat. Once your statutory cancellation period has elapsed then the deposit is non-refundable.
Concessions - Yoga classes & Treatments are open to everyone. Concessions and incremental options are available to people on low incomes or who are unemployed. Please contact for details.
Registration - Registration is essential for all classes. If the class is full, Michele Lambert will offer you a place on a waiting list and contact you when a place becomes available.
Attendance - When registering for a class if paying monthly or attending a course over multiple sessions, it is recommend that you attend all sessions. The benefits of yoga increase over time. With regular attendance your practice will flourish.
Cancellation of One to one sessions or Holistic Treatments - We ask that you give us 48 hours notice of any cancellation which will otherwise be charged in full.
Non-Attendance for courses & retreats
If you give at least 7 days’ notice of non-attendance the deposit you have paid can be transferred to the next course/retreat date. If less than 7 days’ notice is given you will lose the deposit and it cannot be transferred. In emergency or special circumstances, we may transfer a deposit at our discretion.
Full payment is required at least 2 weeks prior to the start of the course or retreat unless you have a Payment Agreement previously arranged with us. Please ask for details.
After agreeing to the contract you have a seven day period in which you have a legal right to cancel.
If you wish to cancel this must be in writing within 7 days.
You can write to us by email:
Our Right To Cancel
We reserve the rights to cancel, delay or move any event, course or retreat for any reason. In the event of a cancellation or delay of any event, retreat, course held by us, we are not responsible for any lost wages, accommodation costs, travel costs, cancellation fees or any other expenses you incurred in order to attend our event, course or retreat.
We will confirm your booking in writing 1-2 weeks prior to the beginning of any training course or retreat that you book.
Insurance – Michele Lambert is fully insured through the Independent Yoga Network’s selected insurers. Evidence of insurance is available on request.
This privacy notice tells you what to expect us to do with your personal information when you make contact with us or use one of Michele Lambert’s services.
· Why we process your information - We hold your contact details in order to let you know about events, training, newsletters and in order to organise classes for you. If anybody wishes to opt out of being contacted, please inform me by email and I will ensure you do not receive any further correspondence from me (Michele Lambert).
· Medical information: we ask that you inform us on any medical issues, injuries, pregnancy or any other information that we would need to know to teach or treat you safely and effectively.
· Your information will be kept securely in the UK and backed up by icloud or hard drive.
· In the case of adults your medical information will be kept for 8 years from the last date you had contact with us and for children until they are 25 years old. After this time it will be destroyed securely. These time frames are set by the Complimentary and Health Care Council’s Code of Ethics https://www.cnhc.org.uk/code-conduct-registrants
· Your information will not be shared with any other third party unless you give consent, or there is reason to believe that you or a third party are at risk of significant harm or disclosure is required by law.
· Where it is considered to be in your best interests you will be asked to consent to sharing of your medical information with your GP or other medical professionals.
· You have the right to ask for copies of the information we hold about you. Should you wish to do so please contact Michele Lambert on the form below. You also have the right to ask us to rectify the information we hold about you should you believe it to be incorrect. Information requested would be provided within 40 days, unless the information requested were to relate to another person, in which case that person’s consent would need to be given in order for you to access it. A charge may be made for copying. Parents of children and young adults over 16 may request access to personal records. The best interests of the child will always be considered before access is given.
Would you like to be kept informed of up and coming events, classes, workshops and retreats?